Guest blogging is a great way to expand your audience and message by reaching readers who are not familiar with your blog. By guest blogging on similar blogs to your own (blogs that discuss the same topics and themes) you gain new readers — meaning more followers, more traffic and more people absorbing the valuable information you want to get out there.
Which ideas have a good chance of getting published?
Some content topics I’m currently looking for are: fur, leather, exotic skins, bear bile extraction, fishing/fish farming, circuses, rodeos, horse racing, dog racing, dog fighting, spay/neuter/adopt, breed specific legislation (BSL), zoos/aquariums, environmentalism, sustainability, being a more effective activist, and animal rights philosophy. But honestly, if your content is great and it’s veganism/animal rights related, it has a pretty good chance of getting published.
Truly great content gets people to think, allowing them to reflect on themselves and reassess their current views.
Don’t bother submitting unless you are:
- An established blogger with your own blog which features many high quality blog posts written by you
- Submitting fresh content that has never been published before
- Willing to respond to comments on your guest post in a timely manner
- There is no minimum length, but I prefer posts that are at least 700 words
- There is no maximum length, but I prefer posts that are at most 3,000 words (if you feel your post cannot be summed up in less than 3,000 words we may still be able to publish it as a series, provided the content meets the other quality standards)
- Must contain at least two links to other Vegan Rabbit posts, where appropriate
- May contain one link in the post to an article on your blog as well as one link in your author bio to your blog’s main page (both subject to approval)
- Author bio should be between 100 – 200 words and must be fun to read, so my readers will see you as a real person, and be sure to include a link back to your website or blog as well as your Twitter handle or Facebook account (if you have one)
- Be different, be unique, be creative, be funny, be emotional, be informative, be to the point, but most importantly be helpful
I will make editorial adjustments such as adding pictures, formatting, spelling/grammar checking and adding or removing links. I might send your post back to you with details of what I would like adjusted if I feel it is something my readers would be interested in but might need a little more work.
Note: Your post must be original content, written by you and not have been posted online anywhere else before or after it is published on Vegan Rabbit. You may link to your guest blog post, but not duplicate it on any other site, format or medium. Steps will be taken to ensure that this requirement is met prior to your article being approved. (If I discover this requirement is not met after your article is posted, I will remove your post without any notification to you and you will be blocked from all future guest blogging opportunity on Vegan Rabbit.)
I check and respond to all guest post submissions twice a month, so it might take up to two weeks before I get back to you. This doesn’t mean I have rejected your post though, and even in case of rejection you should get an answer from me, explaining the reason.